Whether you are just looking to give back to the community, or you are considering a career in law enforcement, working for the Haverhill Auxiliary Police Department has many benefits.
You will get the opportunity to assist the Haverhill Police Department in various situations; we provide real world and online police training, and the opportunity to attend the Reserve officers Police Academy. If you are considering a career in law enforcement, having worked for an Auxiliary Police Department may provide you with an advantage over other candidates who have zero real word work experience.
The Haverhill Auxiliary Police Department has always valued quality over quantity. Because of this, we have strict and straightforward minimum requirements. These requirements include:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess an active Massachusetts driver’s license
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Must have a clean criminal history and driving record
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing the duties of a police officer
- Must live within the City of Haverhill or a bordering community
- Must be available to volunteer a minimum of 8 hours per month
- Must attend mandatory meetings (approximately 6 per year)
- Must attend mandatory details (approximately 5 per year)
If you meet the above requirements and would like to apply, please continue reading about the application process below.